Sunday, June 29, 2008

that's more like it


Gramercy schmamercy -- I'll take this garden. The wedding I
went to was in Poughkeepsie, at Locust Grove, the home
of Samuel F.B. Morse. Ironically, he was very active in the anti-
Catholic and anti-immigrant movements. Ironic because this
wedding was performed by a Catholic priest, and the bride's
whole family are first-generation Americans who came here
from Poland. I hope that old bigot Sam was turning over in
his grave (which is in Brooklyn, btw).

2 comments:

  1. you are getting better and better with shots, Alexa!!:)
    AWESOMEEE!!:)
    I love this park...tell me more:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now this is inviting, Alexa. Good fences don't always make good neighbors, so I took the path less traveled by and that has made all the difference...and as you say, "The Road is Mine" (okay, yours!) Thanks for another amazing shot. Hope you had a good weekend and a great start to your week ahead!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks, merci, grazie, danke, hvala, gracias, spasibo, shukran, dhanyavaad, salamat, arigato, and muito obrigado for your much-appreciated comments.