Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Happy Birthday


This is my friend Barbara, who's celebrating her 50th
and listening to one of the editors at our magazine
read a (very funny) list of "50 reasons why we love Barbara."
This started with my daughter Katie, who wrote a
list of "21 reasons why I love Lila" for her sister's
21st birthday. I suggested Barb do one for her sister
on her 55th (and then my colleague Lisa did the same
for her sister's recent 60th birthday).
My mom will be 89 in a few months—what do you think?

4 comments:

  1. I think the wisest technique is to get them a cake big enough to share... 6^)

    I say, go with the 89 reasons. I'm sure you can at least try to narrow it down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like to do personal things like this. I once wrote for a Serbian friend 50 things to do in Belgrade (that were not in the guidebooks!) on his 50th. For my 50th, I had people bring me 50 of something. THAT was fun. I think too you should buy your mom an 8.9 pound cake to share!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this is a lovely idea. My mother-inlaw will turn 75 next month so maybe I'll have family members each write several things about her & compile all the writings inside a small book.
    thanks for the idea!
    Happy Birthday Barbara!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks, merci, grazie, danke, hvala, gracias, spasibo, shukran, dhanyavaad, salamat, arigato, and muito obrigado for your much-appreciated comments.