Monday, July 13, 2009

one toke over the line



Have you ever smoked a hookah?  For me, it has certain 
(left over from the sixties) connotations, but for 
some it's a different kind of social thing.  I no longer smoke,
but my Azerbaijani son-in-law has a hookah and 
invited me to join him, so I did.  Lesson learned: DO NOT inhale
(but if you don't make that mistake, it's kinda nice in a way,
 like smoking a peace pipe with cherry-flavored tobacco—
though I'm SO glad I no longer smoke that I'm not at all 
tempted to try a hookah again any time soon, if ever).

2 comments:

  1. I inhale my tobacco via the secondary method from hubby's cigars! {He smokes outside but you know, those swirling little breezes have a knack for finding their way around.} I wonder if he'd consider finding cherry-flavoured ones...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet Jesus! Hookah bars are all the rage these days. No thank you, says I!!!

    Word ver is unrollin!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks, merci, grazie, danke, hvala, gracias, spasibo, shukran, dhanyavaad, salamat, arigato, and muito obrigado for your much-appreciated comments.