Friday, January 8, 2016

Weekend Reflections


Recently went to Geoffrey Zakarian's restaurant,
named for the show-biz social club that
was once housed in the same building.  It was a
bit bittersweet for me; my father was a member of
The Lambs Club (at the time, fairly exclusive and 
all-male), and my reward for a perfect report
card was always dinner there with him.  A gut reno has 
made the place unrecognizable (though beautiful), 
but they did keep the wonderful, original Stanford White 
fireplace. And, btw, the meal was super.

[To see more Weekend Reflections, visit James's meme.]

10 comments:

  1. I like the salad presentation. Oh, excuse me. I mean the “health-food hors d’oeuvres.” And the birch-bark extract on the rocks looks to die for.

    Seriously, thanks for the intro to some NYC exclusivity. I am sure, though, that if the proprietors had known I would be gazing in on their establishment like this they would have lens capped you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beaufitul table top reflection, and delicious memory!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fine reflections in that mirrored table.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's difficult to compare what was to what is, isn't it? I'm glad that you were at least able to recognize the fireplace.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice shot. Up-facing mirrors always make me dizzy though. I would have to ask for a table cloth.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely image, and a sweet memory to hold in the midst of change.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice shot. I can see how it would be bittersweet. It's a good thing that you were not disappointed by the meal that would have been sad.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sheere! great refelction shot! No pun intended! Have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That looks like my kind of restaurant(reflections everywhere). However, I might get carried away with all of the reflection opportunities. Looks like there's a mirror on the ceiling as well. Nice shot!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks, merci, grazie, danke, hvala, gracias, spasibo, shukran, dhanyavaad, salamat, arigato, and muito obrigado for your much-appreciated comments.